It is with regret that we have had to cancel our 2020 events, see here for more details.
The Barrel Bikers (Buckingham) Motor Cycle Club (BBB MCC) was formed in 1979 by a small group of motorcyclists from various other Bike clubs in the Buckingham area. Now we have over 60 members, mainly coming from in and around the Milton Keynes, Northants, and Bedfordshire area, but with members as far afield as Cornwall and Nottingham. This year we are celebrating our 41st Birthday, 41 years old and still going strong!!!
The Club covers a whole range of motorcycle related interests, from Custom Bike’s right through to Drag Racing. Our members ride all types of machine from Learner Legal Bikes, to Streetfighters, Trikes, and Classics. All riders and machines are welcome. Really we are a Club of friends who like to ride, help each other out and party together, no matter what we ride or how long we’ve ridden it.
The Barrel Bikers Mcc meet every Wednesday night, at the Newport Pagnell Workmen’s Social Club, 28 Silver St, Newport Pagnell, Bucks, MK16 0EN (use the car park around the back of the club). We tend to start gathering from around 8pm until around closing time. For those who are interested in membership, we welcome both male and female riders and the best way to start is to come and visit us. Whether you are interested in becoming a club member or just want to chat to bikers, visitors are always welcome on a Wednesday. Come along and meet us!
Apart from going on runs and rallies all year round, supporting and marshalling local charitable events etc. Our main activities include:
- The Late Christmas Party: usually held in a hall with a live band, in January. See here for more details of the party.
- Firkin ‘O’ Bitter Rally: This is what we call a ‘Trad Rally’, which is a 3 day rally, with camping in a field behind a pub, with awards, silly games etc, but no live music. The Firkin is usually held on the weekend including first Saturday of March. See here for more details of the rally.
- The Classic n Custom Bike & Trike Show: A single day event usually held at the beginning of August each year. Entry is free and we have trade stands, bar, Bouncy Castle, and all manner of Custom & Classic Trikes and Bikes. A good fun day out for all the family. See here for more details of the show.
- GPO Rally: This is our largest event we hold. It’s usually a 500 limit, field rally with a marquee, bar, food, live bands, silly games, and all you would expect from a rally. We usually hold the GPO Rally on the weekend including the first Saturday in October. See here for more details of the rally.
- Anniversary Parties: When we have a special date to mark, we do this in our own unique way. Sometimes we’ll put on a band or two and invite all members, ex-members, nearly members etc. In 2014 we celebrated our 35th Anniversary with a ‘Drop In’ BBQ. For details of all anniversary parties, ex members should contact our club secretary by email on firstname.lastname@example.org, or talk to any current member.
- Benefit Gigs: From time to time we hold benefit gigs to help our own members and ex-members or anything that effects the Barrel Bikers Mcc as a club.
- Fund Raising: Most years we pick a charity, which usually means something special to the Club or individual members, and we raise money through raffles, collections etc. In the past we have raised funds for Tsunami Relief (we paid for a school to be re-built after the disaster), Guide Dogs, DCMR runs, Stepping Stones Special Needs Playgroup, Thames Valley & Chiltern Air Ambulance , Headway Head Injuries Charity, MS Society, MK MS Treatment Center, Guide Dogs (again), Macmillan Cancer Support and Redway School.
This year we’re raising for both the Warwick and Northampton Air Ambulance, and Milton Keynes North and Villages CFR.
Click here to see the donations we have made over the past few years.
You can follow news on the Barrel Bikers on this web site, on our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/BarrelBikers or on our Twitter feed at http://www.twitter.com/BarrelBikers or @BarrelBikers.